Marva Collins Cottage School
A Community of Learners
At Marva Collins Cottage School, we engage students' passions and growing sense of purpose. We will teach the skills necessary for life success and inspire students to contribute positively to the community. We embrace the 'learn by doing' philosophy. Check out our site to discover all that we have to offer!
We are looking forward to the construction of our primary classroom! Our cottage house will be the perfect learning space for our indoor educational pursuits. Please support us and donate to the Marva Collins Cottage School Building Fund.
“Follow the child.”
Dr. Maria Montessori
- Multiple DatesWed, May 25Falls Church, VA, USAMay 25, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AMFalls Church, VA, USAFor less than a cup of coffee your preschoolers can have STEM fun with friends! $20 Annual Family Membership includes 8 sessions per year for all of the preschoolers in your family. The Spring 2022 theme is Wee Love Math™. Join us for circle time, a hands-on activity, and outdoor play!
- Multiple DatesWed, Aug 24Falls Church, VA, USAAug 24, 10:30 AM – Nov 09, 11:30 AMFalls Church, VA, USAChildren ages 2-4 years will have STEM fun with friends! The Fall 2022 theme is Imagineers. Join us for circle time, a hands-on activity, and outdoor play! This is a 4-day event on August 24, September 14, October 12 and November 9 at 10:30 am each day.
- Multiple DatesWed, Sep 07shared privately w/ registered familiesSep 07, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PMshared privately w/ registered families, Falls Church, VA, USAHave an appointment or meeting you can't miss? Need to focus on homeschool with another child in your family? Looking for a fun, safe & educational environment for a few hours? MCCS offers Primary Pals, a half day, drop-in enrichment program, for ages 3-7 years.
- Wed, Sep 07shared privately w/ registered familiesSep 07, 10:30 AM – Sep 28, 11:30 AMshared privately w/ registered families, Falls Church, VA, USAChildren ages 5-7 years will explore the first aspect of coding, algorithms. Worried about screen time? This series is unplugged, without the use of devices! This is a two-part class on September 7 and 28 at 10:30-11:30 am.
- Multiple DatesWed, Sep 07shared privately w/ registered families
- Mon, Sep 12shared privately w/ registered familiesSep 12, 1:30 PM – Sep 16, 2:30 PMshared privately w/ registered families, Falls Church, VA, USAChildren ages 6-9 years will discover the many types of structures people call home around the world. Using the engineering design process, they will design and build their own unique home. This is a three-part class on September 12, 14 and 16 at 1:30-2:30 pm.
- Wed, Sep 21shared privately w/ registered familiesSep 21, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AMshared privately w/ registered families, Falls Church, VA, USAChildren ages 5-7 years will learn about the art of storytelling. Does every story need to follow an arc? Are books meant to always teach a lesson? As they explore wordless picture books and story cards, the students will create their own stories and answer these and other questions for themselves.
- Wed, Oct 05shared privately w/ registered families
- Wed, Nov 09shared privately w/ registered familiesNov 09, 1:30 PM – Dec 14, 2:30 PMshared privately w/ registered families, Falls Church, VA, USAEach week children ages 6-9 years will learn about holiday celebrations of light. As we adventure around the world, we will also learn traditional holiday songs on the handbells. This is a six-week class on Wednesdays, November 9 - December 14 at 1:30-2:30p.