Marva Collins Cottage School
A Community of Learners
At Marva Collins Cottage School, we engage students' passions and growing sense of purpose. We will teach the skills necessary for life success and inspire students to contribute positively to the community. We embrace the 'learn by doing' philosophy. Check out our site to discover all that we have to offer!
We are looking forward to the construction of our PreK - Grade 2 classroom in 2022! Our cottage house will be the perfect learning space for our indoor educational pursuits. Please support us and donate to the Marva Collins Cottage School Building Fund.
“Follow the child.”
Dr. Maria Montessori
- Multiple DatesTue, Feb 22Zoom link provided to registered families
- Multiple DatesWed, Feb 23Falls Church
- Multiple DatesThu, Mar 03Zoom link provided to registered familiesMar 03, 1:30 PM – 2:10 PMZoom link provided to registered familiesChildren ages 5-7 yrs are invited to join us virtually for read aloud and discussion as we use picture book biographies to connect with history. Each book club meeting will highlight different ancestors who achieved excellence in a particular field.
- Multiple DatesWed, Mar 23Falls Church, VA, USAMar 23, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AMFalls Church, VA, USAFor less than a cup of coffee your preschoolers can have STEM fun with friends! $20 Annual Family Membership includes 8 sessions per year for all of the preschoolers in your family. The Spring 2022 theme is Wee Love Math™. Join us for circle time, a hands-on activity, and outdoor play!
- Wed, Mar 30Falls Church
- Multiple DatesMon, Apr 04Falls ChurchApr 04, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PMFalls Church, Shared privately w/ registered familiesBring your kindergartner to explore computer science and robotics with programable floor robots. Students are able to learn algorithms, sequencing and problem solving. This is a 2-day event! Please make sure you can attend both days. Prerequisite: Coding Level 1
- Wed, Apr 06Falls ChurchApr 06, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PMFalls Church, Shared privately w/ registered familiesBring your kindergartner or 1st grader to explore the first aspect of coding, algorithms. Let's get active in the outdoors! Worried about screen time? This series is unplugged, without the use of devices! Prerequisite: Level 1
- Multiple DatesThu, Apr 07Falls ChurchApr 07, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AMFalls Church, Shared privately w/ registered familiesWeekly small group instruction for preK students. This class is designed for emergent readers beginning their phonemic awareness journey. Learners will experience phonics instruction in an environment that fosters a love of literature!
- Wed, Apr 13Falls Church
- Multiple DatesMon, Apr 25Falls ChurchApr 25, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PMFalls Church, Shared privately w/ registered familiesTake your robot on an adventure! Students will write a short story about their robot exploring the wildlife garden and program their robots to make the actual journey. This is a 2-day event! Please make sure you can attend both days. Prerequisite: KinderRobotics Level 1
- Multiple DatesWed, Aug 24Falls Church, VA, USAAug 24, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AMFalls Church, VA, USAFor less than a cup of coffee your preschoolers can have STEM fun with friends! $20 Annual Family Membership includes 8 sessions per year for all of the preschoolers in your family. The Fall 2022 theme is Imagineers. Join us for circle time, a hands-on activity, and outdoor play!